< Back to Home
Instructions to authors
Submission Manuscript Preparation Review Process Criteria for Manuscripts Conflict of Interests
English Corrections Reprints Copyright Transfer Supplementary Materials
- Manuscripts should be submitted in English by e-mail with a subject ANN, to email@example.com
- MS Word files are preferred. Manuscripts prepared with other software may export the full text (with figures, schemes and tables inserted into the text) to a MS Word format (either for Macintosh or for Windows). Authors who intend to send their final, accepted papers by surface mail may contact the editor.
- Copyright of published papers. We will typically insert the following note at the end of the paper: © 200... by ANN (http://www.nwpii.com/ann). Reproduction is permitted for noncommercial purposes. For alternate arrangements concerning copyright please contact the Editor-in-Chief.
- Check if the English corrections are done before submission.
- Manuscripts should be prepared with a word processor. The printing area is 17.5 cm x 24.7 cm. For A4 paper, the margins should be 1.5 cm on top, 3.5 cm at the bottom and 1.75 cm on both left and right sides of the paper. For US letter-sized paper, the margins should be 1.5 cm on top, 1.74 cm at the bottom and 2.05 cm on both left and right sides.
- The paper style of NBA articles should be followed. The full titles and the cited papers can be given. However, reference numbers should be placed in square brackets [ ], and placed before the punctuation; for example  or [1-3], and all the references should be listed separately and as the last section at the end of the manuscript.
Journal references must cite the title of the paper and its starting and ending pages, thus
1. Zhang, X.; Kislyak, Y.; Lin, J.; Dickson, A.; Cardosa, L.; Broderick, M.; Fein, H. Nanometer size electrode for nitric oxide and S-nitrosothiols measurement, Electrochemistry Communications, 2002, 4(1),11-16.
References to books should cite the authors, title, publisher, publication date, and page.
2. Smith, D. F. Textbook of Advanced Physics; D. C. Jones: New York, 1985; pp 65-105.
In referring to a book written by various contributors, cite authors first, as in
3. Zhang, X. Electro-chemical sensors, biosensors and their biomedical applications, Zhang, X., Ju, H., Wang, J., Ed.; Elsevier, 2008; pp1-55.
- Authors' full address, homepage address, phone and fax numbers and e-mail address can be included in the title page and these will be published.
- A list of three to five keywords must be given, and placed after the Abstract.
- Tables should be inserted into the main text, and numbers and titles for all tables supplied. All table columns should have an explanatory heading.
- Please supply legends for all figures, schemes and tables. The legends should be prepared as a separate paragraph of the main text and placed in the main text before a table and after a figure or a scheme.
Members of the editorial board will review the received manuscripts to determine if the manuscripts are appropriate for evaluation by expert reviewers. The manuscripts not prepared in the advised style will be sent back to authors without scientific review. Editorial staff sends the reference number to the authors upon manuscript registration at the Editorial Office. The authors are encouraged to suggest the names of possible reviewers for their papers, however we reserve the right for the final selection of the expert reviewers. We strive to return reviewers’ comments to authors within 5 weeks. The manuscripts after authors have made final revisions will be reviewed again by the editors. Accepted papers will be published online at NBA promptly.
Criteria for Manuscripts
Editorial Board of NBA considers the manuscripts in all areas of
for publication with the understanding that any part of its essential contents hasn't been published previously in print form or electronically. The submission of the manuscripts should be accompanied by the statement that the work has not been published previously or submitted elsewhere for review and copyright transfer. NBA discourages the submission of more than one manuscript dealing with related aspects of the same study.
Conflict of Interests
Authors of the manuscripts should disclose at the time of submission any financial arrangement they may have with a corporate whose product plays a major role in the submitted manuscripts or with a company making a competitive product. Such information will be held in confidence while the manuscripts are under review. The editorial decision will not be affected by this information. If the paper is accepted for publication, the members of editorial board may discuss with the authors the manner in which such information can be communicated to the readers.
NBA requires that reviewers and the members of editorial board reveal in a letter to the Editor-in-Chief any relationships that they have that could be construed as causing a conflict of interest with regard to a manuscript under review. Any financial relationships with commercial companies involved with a product under study should be included in the letter.
This journal is published in English, so it is essential that for proper refereeing and quick publication all manuscripts be submitted in grammatically correct English. For this purpose we ask that non-native English speakers ensure their manuscripts are checked before submitting them for consideration. We suggest that for this purpose your manuscript be revised by an English speaking colleague before submission.
Reprints may be ordered. Please visit REPRINTS for more information or to request an offer.
Copyright Transfer When you submit a paper and the paper is received, your paper will be asigned a manuscript ID and you will be asked to transfer copyright.
The copyright transfer form should be downloaded , signed, and returned to the indicated Fax number or postal address. This is a prerequisite for publication of your paper in this journal. Manuscript ID should be provided for copyright transfer form.
- We wish to encourage the submission of supplementary data in electronic formats, so that important chemical, structural or scientific information is retained in full. Spectral data (NMR, IR, Raman, ESR, etc ) can be submitted in JCAMP (.jdx) format.
- 3D coordinate structures (in pdb, mol, xyz or other common formats), if available, should also be submitted.
< Back to Home